In this article, you will find the list of massage therapy schools in new york, their requirements, tuition fees, locations, and the scholarships available in massage therapy schools.
You will get to know the best-accredited massage therapy schools in new york, how long it takes to graduate from a massage therapy school in new york, and the different types of massage therapy certifications.
If you are interested in studying in any of these massage therapy schools in new york, you must meet the school’s requirements and be able to obey the rules and regulations guiding these schools.
What is Massage therapy school?
You are wondering what massage therapy school is all about right? It is one of the unique schools existing in the world, Massage therapy school deals with the study of the human body, how the body mechanics function, location of the muscles, organs, and body tissues. This training covers a lot of courses like Kinesiology, Physiology, and anatomy.
As a licensed massage therapist, you should be able to perform and document client intake interviews, in other to understand their health status and concerns, and track treatment progress as their health unwinds.
A massage therapist also uses the client’s intake information to assess the client’s conditions and recommend safe and effective massage treatment techniques. You will also implement the treatment techniques by applying appropriate massage practices to the delicate tissues of the body.
As a professional massage therapist, it is advisable to educate your clients on some self-care methods such as stretches, exercise, and hot/cold therapies.
Qualities to fit into a massage therapy schools in new york include;
- Ability to communicate and develop a strong relationship with fellow students.
- Ability to listen to your client, communicate with them, and also maintain good hygiene.
- Ability to alternate with fellow students i.e receiving massage and giving back massage to fellow stu8dents t0o enhance your skill as a therapist.
How long do massage therapy schools in New York take?
An in-depth search shows that the duration of your studies depends on the individuals involved, some prefer full-time studies while most students prefer part-time studies in other to meet up with their businesses, jobs, and parenting.
If you enroll as a full-time student, it will take you 5-6 months to graduate from massage therapy school but if you are a part-time student it will take more than the given duration.
List of jobs available to massage therapist graduates
- Skin Therapist
- Massage Therapy Assistant
- Massage Therapy Career Training
- Certified Massage Technician
- Therapist, Flex
- Massage Therapist
- Registered Massage Practitioner
- Massage Therapy Trainer, Credit
What merit is required?
You are required to take and pass the Massage $ Bodywork Licensing Examination (MBLEx), and also have a varied career.
The MBLEx is a test adopted by therapeutic schools to help them admit individuals with the desired knowledge.
MASSAGE THERAPY SCHOOLS IN NEW YORK
New York City has one of the highest rates of per-pupil expenditures for public education among states. It ranked 13th overall with a total score of 57.37 and the state also ranked 19th in educational attainment and 14th in quality of education. So below, we have the 10 best massage therapy schools in New York.
Swedish Institute College of Health Sciences
This institution is one of the best massage therapy schools in New York accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Carer Schools and Colleges (ACCSC). It is one of the massage therapy schools in new york, this institution has 5-semester (20-month), 6 -semester (24-month), and 8 -semester (32-month) program schedules.
This institution makes prepares its students for entry-level employment in spas, gyms, health clubs, massage therapy clinics, chiropractor and doctor offices, sports medicine facilities, resorts and hotels, holistic health clinics, and private sectors, they can also be self-employed.
Career programs in the Swedish institute college of health sciences
Swedish college of health sciences offers seven (7) programs which include;
- Medical Assistance
- Surgical Technologist
- Continuing Education
- Central Service Processing Technician
- Massage Therapy
- Medical Building & Coding
Swedish Institute College of Health Sciences admission requirements.
- Must be 18 years of age at the time of your externship.
- You must be a high school graduate or a General Equivalency Diploma holder.
- You must be a citizen of U. S or a permanent resident of the United States.
- Score up to the required mark on any pre-admission test.
- You must be fit to carry out techniques related to the selected program of study, including a clinical component of the program, and associated career.
- English proficiency is required because the courses are been taught in the English language.
- Make your reference form available.
- Complete the application process and pay when and where necessary.
- Be able to complete written responses to the admissions survey/personal statement.
- Complete criminal background check.
- Complete requirements for clinical placement.
Scholarships at the Swedish Institute College of health sciences
The Swedish Institute college of health sciences offers different types of scholarships which include;
- Institutional scholarships.
- Departmental scholarships.
- Alumni scholarship.
- Professional scholarship.
And most of the scholarships available at Swedish institutes are for alumni who did marvelously well in their academics or those that brought more recognition and value to the institution, the scholarship is available to them in other to appreciate their outstanding contributions to the college.
How to be eligible for the Swedish Institute Scholarships
- You must complete a scholarship application before you can be considered for the scholarship award.
- Complete and fulfill all admission, and academic financial aid obligations and be in good status with his/her cash payment plan or private loan funding prior to the scholarship allotment.
- Scholarships can only be awarded to students based on their status and credits scheduled for the academic year.
- The student must always be active in class to gain during the scholarship disbursement.
- You have to be academically outstanding to receive the scholarship.
- As a student, you must maintain the school-approved scholarship eligibility requirements throughout the academic year.
- Have in mind that if some scholarships are combined, it’s likely to affect the total amount awarded.
- Scholarships from professionals or Alumni cannot be combined with tuition and fees.
- Every scholarship is not considered awarded until; it is officially approved and confirmed by the Director of Financial Aid.
Cuny Queensborough Community College
This is one of the massage therapy schools in new york accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools (MSACSS). They offer full-time, two-year courses, and graduates of this school are eligible to take the New York State Licensing Exam for Massage Therapy. It is one of the best massage therapy schools in New York.
- Aspirants must have a high school diploma or equivalent certificate.
- You must take the CUNY Assessment Tests in Writing and Reading and the CUNY Mathematics Assessment Test (CMAT) for incoming Freshmen and non-Cuny transfer students.
- Students must complete all remediation before entering Massage Therapy
- Transfer students are to collect their transcripts from their former school and all courses must be evaluated for transfer.
Tuition: $2,400 per semester.
Niagara County Community College
It is among the best therapeutic school in new york that uses Eastern and western massage methods and techniques, and they also train their students in anatomy and physiology. psychology, kinesiology, and pathology.
This college is approved by the New York State Education Department and accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE).
- High school certificate or equivalent diploma.
- A high school minimum of 75% average in biology.
- Aspirants must examine their health and also make sure their health records are current during the enrollment period.
- Aspirants must meet technical standards based on the result f their physical examination.
- Certification in Basic Life Support for proficient redeemers is demanded prior to co-requisite with MAS 205, massage practicum 1: Clinical Applications.
- A minimum overall GPA of 2.0 is required.
Tuition fees for Niagara County Community College
New York residents: $2,520 (per semester)
Non-New York residents: $5,040 (per semester
Finger Lakes School of Massage
With over 19 bachelor’s degree courses offered at Finger Lake Community College in massage therapy, this college is known in New York City for its outstanding massage techniques.
Finger lakes therapeutic school offers the best massage which helps its graduates to secure jobs easily as Health Specialities professors and Professional Massage Therapists with an average salary of $100, 000 in New York and is among the best massage therapy schools in New York though its currently facing a downtime.
Tuition: $15,000- $26,000 annually.
Pacific College of Health and Science
This college of health and science is known for its quality massage techniques, they offer 13 massage therapy courses which include Physiology, Anatomy, Thai massage, Joint mobilization, Fascial techniques, Neuromuscular techniques, Oriental medicine theory, General pathology, Kinesiology, Shiatsu, Trigger point work, Swedish massage, and Tui na (medical massage).
Graduates of this college are professionals in treating pains, diseases, and discomfort through massage therapy, holistic nursing, and acupuncture.
Pacific College of Health and Science admission requirements
- Students whose primary language is not English will provide a TOEFL score of 61 and an iBT score of 500.
- Must provide the college with an official high school transcript.
- Must provide a certified copy of your high school diploma or GED certification or any equivalent certificate.
- Aspirants must provide a fully accredited associate degree certificate to ensure they earned full credit that will make them eligible for admission.
- A GPA of 2.0 and above is required.
- Foreign students are to provide a transcript bearing date and academic accreditations equivalent to the American high school program.
This college has the best therapeutic school in western New York, their massage technique is top notch and they offer both on-site and off-site services.
Graduates of this are allowed to take the NYS board licensure exam, and as licensed graduates, they will be eligible to work in places such as spas, motels, cruise ships, health clubs as massage experts, hospitals as a medical massage professional, rehab centers, chiropractic offices, corporate offices, and other local and private sectors.
There are different courses available for each semester and it takes about three semesters to complete your study as a massage therapist at Trocaire College, the courses include;
Semester 1> Anatomy, physiology, professional development, and western massage therapy.
Semester 2> Applied pathophysiology, myology, kinesiology, massage therapy practicum, and eastern massage therapy.
Semester 3> Massage therapy elective and neurology.
- A minimum of 75% average score in your high school diploma or a minimum score of 2500 general education development (GED) test.
- Transfer and current students are required to have an average score of 2.0 in their final semester and a “C” as their minimum grades in the laboratory sciences.
- CPR training is also required prior to clinical experiences.
- First Aid certification is highly mandatory prior to graduation.
Trocaire College Massage Therapy tuition fees
Full time: $9,445 (per semester)
Part-time: $785 (per credit hour)
This college has one of the best massage therapy schools in New York, the institution introduces students to all forms of massage therapy and its essential role in healthcare through the skilled manipulation of the soft structures of the body.
This school helps students to get hands-on experience by working directly with the public and campus community and also exposes them to off-clinic events with special inhabitants such as athletes, infants, and the elderly, it is among the best massage therapy schools in New York.
Graduates of this college always top the list as professional massage therapists in New York, they work in spas, hospitals, physical therapy offices or chiropractic offices, athletic training centers, professional sports organizations, gyms and fitness centers, cruise ships, and resorts as an experienced and professional massage therapist.
Suny Morrisville tuition fees: $7,070.
Mildred Elley – NYC Campus
This school has one of the best massage therapy clinics in New York which has been in function for years. Students in this college are usually academically driven, focused, and bright.
They study courses such as; Anatomy & Physiology, Myology & Kinesiology, Neuromuscular Therapy, Sports Massage, Oriental Massage, Biology, First Aid & CPR.
Mildred Elley offers several scholarship programs in recognition of their academic merit, determination, and persistence in their studies.
How to apply for a scholarship at Mildred Elley
- Type in the field and print a copy of it.
- If you can’t print, visit the admission representative for a blank copy.
- Return application to an admission representative.
- After reviewing your application the committee will contact you to tell you if you are eligible or not.
- All the fields must be carefully filled in the form for easy consideration.
- You must be enrolled in a program through the office of admission to be eligible for a scholarship.
At Mildred Elley, outstanding students enjoy the following benefits as a reward for their academic achievements, and these benefits include;
- Free Career Assesseme nt
- Flexible School Schedule
- Financial Aid & Scholarship
- Lifetime Job Placement Assistance
- Approved for Veterans Education Benefits
- International Students Welcome
Is there Financial Assistance at Mildred Elley?
The answer is yes, there is much financial support assistance available at Mildred Elley which include;
Thai Massage Clinic
- Federal Supplementary Educational Opportunity Grant(FSEOG).
- Federal PELL Grant.
- Federal Stafford Loans and PLUS Loans.
- Tuition Assistance Program.
- Regents Child of Veteran Awards.
- Regents Awards for Children of Deceased Police Officers, Correction officers, and Firefighters
- Federal Work-Study Program (FWS).
- Vietnam Veterans Tuition Award/Persian Gulf Veterans Tuition Award.
- Veteran Benefits for qualified students.
Mildred Elley – NYC Campus tuition fee
The tuition fee is $270 per credit.
Authentic Thai Massage NYC
This is the first Thai Massage therapist school and workshop in New York City, they have the best and most real workshop that offers different types of services and workshops to suit all the needs and types of people.
They are known for their top-notch traditional Thai-style techniques that are unique to the New York area and these their methods target the nerves and muscles which help other areas of the body.
Authentic Thai Massage NYC Cellphone Number
This college offers a special price for Thai massage classes, call this line for the special offer at 212-759-6628.
Authentic Thai Massage NYC tuition fees:
New York College of Health Professions
This is one of the best massage therapy schools in new york located at 6801 Jericho Turnpike, Syosset, New York, on Long Island’s north shore and their program is offered as an advanced 72 credit Associate in Occupational Studies degree program. Graduates of this program are eligible to take both the New York State licensing exam and the Massage Board Licensing Exams.
The 72 credit program takes a period of 5-6 trimesters or two academic years of professional studies to complete and part-time students must complete their course study for Associate in Occupational Studies (AOS) within a maximum of 3 years.
This school also provides employment for graduates in the following sectors; human resources, financial aid, clinic receptionist, health science instructors, acupuncture instructor, and massage therapy instructors.
The New York College of Health Professions is accredited by the New York State Board of Regents and Commissioner of Education and all the programs are registered with the New York State Education Department. It is among the best massage therapy schools in New York.
Tuition: $390 for undergraduates per credit and $471 for graduates per credit.
Below are some of the frequently asked questions (FAQS) about massage therapy schools in New York.
What are the requirements to qualify for a Massage Therapy License in New York?
- The candidate must be a high school graduate or have equivalent education (GED) or must have completed a minimum of 24 credit hours at an accredited college or university.
- The candidate must complete and file an application with the New York Education Department.
- The candidate must be a graduate of a New York State Massage Therapy program or have equivalent education.
- Candidate must pass a written examination satisfactory to the Board and in accordance with the Commissioners regulations.
- The candidate must be a citizen of the U.S or an alien lawfully admitted for permanent residence in the U.S.
- The candidate must be of good moral conduct.
- The candidate must be at least 18 years old.
- The candidate must hold a Red Cross or American Heart Association Certification in CPR and First Aid.
- A fee of one hundred and eight dollars ($108.00) is paid to the New York State Education Department and another fee of two hundred and fifty dollars ($250.00) to their testing agency is required.
- A triennial registration fee of fifty dollars ($50.00) is required.
When is New York State license exam taken Annually?
The New York State License Examination is currently administered twice annually, in January and August.
Which state pays massage therapists well in New York?
Massage therapist earns a lot of money in South Carolina and Lowa with an average salary of $40,000- $58,000.
How much does a massage therapist make per hour/annually in New York?
A professional massage therapist in New York makes an average salary of $35.0 per hour and about $60,000 annually.
- 20 Best Courses With High Salary in the Philippines | Jobs
- Top 20 Cheapest Universities in the USA for International Students
- 10 Fully Funded Scholarships in Canada.
- 10 Cheapest University in Canada Without IELTS
- 30 Best Universities in China with No Application Fee.
- 100+ Unclaimed Easy Scholarships in Canada | Easy Scholarships to Apply For.
- Top 22 Highest Paying Jobs in the World