Top Places Where to Download Free Ebooks Illegally! Yes, you heard that right.
I know you’ve been looking for an eBook but are having difficulty doing so. You’ve probably searched high-streamed websites for illegally downloading free ebooks and are unsure where to look. Not to fear, you’ve come to the right place to learn about the best sites where you can illegally obtain free ebooks. Without further ado, let us begin our search.
This article will also teach you about the dangers of unlawfully downloading free ebooks or even pirated e-books. We’ll also go through websites to avoid, where to legally get free e-books, and how to protect your e-books from harm. Before we talk about the top places to download free E-books illegally, let us find out what ebooks are.
Table of Contents
What Are E-books?
In its entirety, an E-book which means electronic book in full is a book that is read on a computer or mobile device rather than on paper. According to Wikipedia, they are book publications made available in digital form, consisting of text, images, or both, readable on the flat-panel display of computers or other electronic devices. Typically, they are made available online as downloadable files that can be read offline, live websites that require being viewed via the Internet, or stored Internet sites that can be read offsite.
Although buyers may locate, read about, and purchase e-books on the seller’s web page, they actually acquire the files from the publisher’s or distributor’s computer systems, which may be on the other side of the globe, after making their purchase.
What Makes An E-book Illegal?
Copying a work protected by copyright without the publisher’s or author’s consent is theft. E-book piracy is illegal and can result in legal action being taken against the offenders. It frequently involves illicit distribution or copying.
Piracy is defined as the act of obtaining, copying, or redistributing an electronic book without the author’s consent. This is true for downloads both directly from the pirate’s website and from other websites like Amazon, regardless of whether the pirate is charging for the e-book or not. So we all know what makes these sites illegal. Yes, they offer readers links to pirated e-books or post an e-book on their website without the author’s or publisher’s permission. Let us go further. How can you download full ebooks for free?
The internet has given us all a treasure in the form of free ebooks. I feel honored to share it with you loyal readers because of this. You can find something to enthrall and motivate, to imagine and get away, teach and grow, whatever your preferences. You have found exactly what you were looking for. The top 10 websites for free ebook downloads are listed below.
1. Google Play Books
The Google eBook Store needs to be at the top of this list. There are millions of books available to you, many of which are free. Simply searching the free area will yield results ranging from self-help to romance and everything in between. The only drawback is that it is not widely available in many countries. The fact that you have a variety of formats to pick from is beneficial for countries that embrace it. It is also simple to use, highly regarded, and a brand that commands a prominent position at the top of the list. Definitely not the list we will be talking about later: Top Places To Download Free E-books Illegally.
2. Project Gutenberg
This website is ideal for both online and offline reading. It is one of the oldest free ebook sources. Michael S. Hart founded the project in 1971, and it is operated by a huge number of volunteers, with everything available for free.
There are almost 60,000 books on this website. The books come in a variety of languages and formats. You can look for a curated variety of eBooks in various genres. RSS, email, and social network sharing are also supported on the website. A list of eBook metadata in Excel format is also accessible for offline viewing.
3. The Open Library
The Open Library, as the name suggests, is completely free! As in, it’s an open-source library that anyone can change. The ultimate goal is to have a page for every book ever published. Every month, over 100,000 books are rented, and the number is growing.
This website even allows students to find free textbooks to borrow from time to time. You can search by subject, generate a list, or even edit the catalog yourself. It is quite simple to use.
4. Many Books
As if the name wasn’t enough of a hint! This website offers free books in a variety of forms. The nicest part is that the books are organized into different categories, making it easy to search for books. There are action and adventure, romance, mystery and thriller, biography, young adult, historical fiction, and other genre books available.
It allows you to search for books by language and author. The website also includes a blog area with book recommendations. Books can be downloaded in a variety of formats, including PDF, Mobi, FB1, RTF, HTML, and many others.
5. The Literature Network
This site certainly deserves a spot on this list because it allows you to read books authored centuries ago as well as in recent times. Isn’t that lovely? Wait for the best part. All books are arranged alphabetically. Imagine how stressful it would have been without this amazing feature that makes it more search-optimized. That’s not all! It provides bios on the authors, including your favorite ones.
Although some of the books on this list do cost a modest fee, there are plenty of free selections. You’ll always find what you’re looking for.
6. PDF Drive
Yes, this site only allows you to download books in PDF but think about this: they’re totally free! There are millions of e-books that you can download here without cost and they are 100% legal-no piracy. What about the layouts? What’s not to love about it? Absolutely amazing! The books are organized into many groups, making it simple to obtain the information you need. You’re good to go once you have a PDF reader installed on your device.
Yes, this site isn’t completely free, but it does provide a wonderful variety of free ebooks (for a limited time). You can download in practically any format (Apple, Google, Kindle, etc.) from this page. The collection is small, but it warrants a spot on the list because it is one of the few sites that offers free eBook downloads for newly released eBooks. With a collection of free eBooks and featured new releases, you may download eBooks in practically any format.
8. Amazon Free Kindle Books
Do you enjoy classic or modern books but find it difficult to obtain an eBook of such genres? You should probably look at Amazon Kindle eBooks because there are some great free e-book deals there. There are audible audiobooks and paperback copies available.
The best part is that there are no advertisements or viruses or malware. There are no plagiarized or copied eBooks on the site. The books can be filtered by user reviews, category, language, and a variety of other criteria.
9. Library Genesis
This site is mainly for finding e-books for academic purposes. It is an excellent tool for both students and teachers. There are free eBooks available on a variety of themes. The website’s capability for advanced search, which allows you to search by author, title, publisher, and year, was a fantastic addition. You can also choose between a simple and deep search. This website is intended for readers who desire to expand their knowledge in a variety of areas.
10. Read Print
This website provides thousands of free eBooks and allows readers to form discussion groups for the finest titles, as well as create simple lists for tracking must-reads and previous reads. It is yet another fantastic source for free eBook downloads. Joining is free and offers access to various outstanding features such as favorite lists and book clubs.
Do you want to know about another awesome feature? You can use this tool to find fascinating quotes from books that interest you. It is really simple to use and provides an immediate and accurate response. It is time to look at some top places to download free e-books illegally.
Top 20 Places Where to Download Free Ebooks Illegally
Here are the top places to download free e-books illegally.
5. Anna’s Archive
8. Internet Archive
10. MyAnonaMouse (MAM)
12. The pirate bay
- 16. Esnips.com
- 17. Uploading.com
- 18. Mediafile.com
- 19. Hotfile.com
- 20. Megaupload.com
Basic Steps To Download Free Ebooks Illegally
Below are five basic steps to take to download free books illegally from any of the sites above:
- Get a free or premium VPN app so you can connect to a country that supports torrent sites. We saw previously that not all countries permit access to all sites. A VPN app will get you access to your preferred website.
- Go to your preferred free eBook illegal site after connecting to an active VPN.
- Register on the eBook piracy website or sign up on the site.
- Follow the site’s instructions for downloading eBooks. Most of these websites’ interfaces are user-friendly, so you should have no trouble.
- Choose a file format from the list of possibilities, which includes PDF, ePUB, Kindle, HTML, and others. Then click on download to receive the file in the format you chose.
Where Can We Get Legal E-book Websites?
We have discussed the dangers of illegally downloading ebooks under the heading, “Top places to download free e-books illegally”, let us look at the best 10 places to get legal ebooks.
- Project Gutenberg: Readers can get everything from Project Gutenberg for free. Consider making a small donation to assist in digitizing additional books, maintaining its online presence, and improving its services and offerings. To read Project Gutenberg eBooks, simply use the standard Web browsers or eBook readers that come with desktops and mobile devices. From 1971 to the present, there have been nearly 50 years of eBooks.
- Open Library: Open Library is a collaborative, editable library catalog that aims to create a web page for every book ever published. The Open Library’s ultimate purpose is to make all published works of humanity available to everyone on the planet. You can add new information or amend errors in the catalog. You can search by subjects, authors, or lists established by members.
- Bartleby: This is the go-to online homework assistance service for students worldwide. It assists students in their academic journeys and provides tools for all types of learners. It also seeks to help students complete their assignments quickly, with 10+ million textbook and homework solutions, 24/7 professional help on demand, and a math solver that provides instant solutions to even the most difficult arithmetic problems.
- Baen Free Library: For decades, Baen Books has brought readers heart-pounding, thought-provoking adventures directly from the heart of science fiction and fantasy. It publishes books in hardback, paperback, and electronic formats, and it has its own ebooks website (with at least four new titles released every month). Before a book’s official release date, loyal fans can purchase electronic early reader copies.
- Feedbooks: Feedbooks, situated in Paris, France, is a digital library and cloud publishing service for both public domain and original books. It was started in June 2007. The website’s major concentration is on delivering e-books with extremely high-quality typesetting in a variety of formats, particularly EPUB, Kindle, and PDF.
- Rakuten Kobo Catalog: The catalog is always expanding and contains an infinite number of options. Every form of eBook imaginable, from yesterday’s classics to today’s bestsellers, is available, as is our skillfully curated collection of audiobooks. Discover book recommendations and find the perfect read right here, waiting for you at Rakuten Kobo Catalog.
- International Children’s Digital Library: The International Children’s Digital Library Foundation is a free online library of digitized children’s books from various countries in 59 languages. It was created at the University of Maryland, College Park, and is now housed at the International Children’s Digital Library Foundation. By offering access to the best children’s books worldwide, this website fosters tolerance and respect for other cultures.
- LibriVox: LibriVox is a global volunteer organization that reads and records public domain materials, resulting in free public domain audiobooks available for download from their website and other digital library hosting sites on the internet. Anyone can listen to audiobooks for free on their PCs, iPods, or other mobile devices, or burn them to a CD.
- Barnes and Noble: This is an online bookstore where you can buy books, NOOK ebooks, and magazines. Although some of the books on our list might have a little price tag, there are plenty of free options in your favorite genres (including trendy new releases) to purchase and read right now. You’ll always be able to find what you’re looking for.
- Scribd: Scribd Inc. is a one-million-title e-book and audiobook subscription service based in the United States. Scribd’s open publishing platform stores 60 million documents and provides quick access to ebooks, audiobooks, essays, podcasts, sheet music, and documents – all in one simple digital subscription.
This is a comprehensive list, so you should visit any of these sites today to get your ebooks legally. The next question is, “Is downloading ebooks on PDF drives advisable?” “Are they secure?” Let us see.
Is It Safe To Download PDF Books?
We have seen the dangers of using these top places to download free e-books illegally as mentioned in this article. What about PDF books? Are they safe to download?
PDF Drive is a service that offers access to a big variety of PDF ebooks. While it may be tempting to download ebooks from PDF Drive, bear in mind that in many countries, downloading and sharing intellectual materials without authorization is unlawful. Furthermore, downloading ebooks from untrustworthy sources might endanger your device because the files may include malware or other hazardous software.
To answer the question in simple terms, downloading e-books from PDF Drive is normally secure. However, as with any internet download, you should be mindful of the hazards of downloading dangerous content. Before opening any downloaded content, it is suggested that you scan it with antivirus software.
What about college textbooks? Can you get them at cheap prices, especially in PDF? sure enough. Read more about how you can get these textbooks here.
A book in digital form that can be read on a computer or mobile device is known as an eBook. Classics, fiction, and nonfiction eBooks are all available. In this article on the top places to download free e-books illegally, we discussed extensively what an E-book is.
Numerous free eBooks are available online. But in accordance with your nation’s pertinent copyright regulations, downloading the book should be permitted.
On the websites of Project Gutenberg, Open Library, and Google Play Books, you can find free PDF books.
To read eBooks, you must purchase eBook reader software. To read an eBook, you also need a computer, a phone, or a tablet.
An author’s income will be drastically reduced because users prefer to download from illegal e-book download sites rather than buy them from reputable outlets. As a result, many authors stop writing. They get tired of putting forth a lot of effort for little or no pay.
Pirates Bay is one of the most widely used websites for illegally downloading free ebooks. Numerous additional ones have also been mentioned in this article on the Top Places To Download Free E-books Illegally.
The best ways to keep your ebooks from being pirated are to digitally watermark them, get DRM (Digital Rights Management) software, publish an official copyright notice, convert your files to PDF, and use secure digital files. Monitoring web activity and making it more accessible.
This article has mentioned the top places to download free e-books illegally. What about legal ebook downloads? Here are a few websites from which you can legally download free books (digital formats range from PDF to ePUB):
Google Play (Books)
The Open Library.
International Digital Children’s Library.
The Literature Network.
Amazon prime reading
No, you can’t entirely prevent piracy because you have no control over customers who share their passwords with other people. Passwords, however, prevent any illegal downloads. You could also encrypt your ebooks so they can only be read using the freely downloadable format. this way, only those who buy your copies can have the access codes to open the eBook. This is one of the disadvantages of the top places to download free e-books illegally as we have discusses earlier.
This means Piracy in simple terms. As we have defined earlier in this article on the top places to download free E-books illegally, Piracy is defined as the act of obtaining, copying, or redistributing an electronic book without the author’s consent.